Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Grandma Cary's beginning logs of Micah's life...


Born September 1, 2006 in Anaheim, California.


Day 1 - When I was born my heart stopped beating and I could not breathe on my own.. The doctors did an x-ray and found I had a collapsed lung. They removed the free air from my chest cavity and brought me back to life after at least 30 minutes. I was put on a breathing machine and have had a few seizures and I'm on on medicine for them, it makes me really sleepy.
Not sure why this happened? I do know I was perfectly fine when I was in my mothers tummy so warm and cozy. She took such good care of me in her tummy.


Day 4- I was transferred to Choc.. the nurses here are nice.. They gave my mom a little doll to get her smell all over it and then she gives it back to me. It makes me happy to smell my mommy. I love my mommy and daddy so much they come every day to visit me. I need to get better at breathing and stuff.. My mommy pumps milk for me.... The nice nurses are giving it to me through a tube in my nose.. I don't care how I get it because it's so yummy and It is going to make me so big and strong. I'm off the breathing machine now and have this silly mask on my face that's helping me breathe kinda on my own.. I do not like it. It makes my face all smushy and stuff. My Aunt Melanie called me a Hefalump she is so silly.
See there is a picture of my hand around my daddy's finger.

Day 10 - I had seizures tonight so bad that they had to give me 4 doses of medicine.

Day 13 - I got a little blood transfusion today I am still so sleepy from seizure medicine.
Day 17 - I got my mask taken off for the whole night and I have kept it off. My Grandma Terry brought me a radio so I can listen to soft Christian music. I love it, it makes me feel so special, when I grow up I am going to already know how to sing to God.
Day 18 - I am getting stronger and I tried sucking the doctors finger today.
Day 19 - I started sucking therapy today. It kinda tickled my tongue. But the therapist said I did a good job and it will just take a few tries. My mommy started physical therapy with me today so she can learn how to get me in shape. I am going to get so good at all this stuff. I love my mommy and Daddy! Today my mom said other people can hold me now because I am getting so strong. Grandma Cary, Aunt Melanie and Uncle Joshua held me today for the first time.
Day 20 - Grandma Terry and Grandpa Gary held me today, they turned my oxygen cannula down to almost room air, so they can take it off of me soon. The neurologist came to see me today and said WOW you look like a different baby! They took my oxygen cannula off some time during the night and the nurses take turns holding me all night long. I'm trying so hard to get big and strong to show everyone what I am made of! I am not alone when my Mommy and Daddy go home to sleep God has never left my side.
Day 21 - The therapist gave me 5 cc's through a bottle today and I love it. For now she is going to feed me.. What she doesn't realize is that God is with me and I am strong willed.. I will show her tomorrow...My Mommy and Daddy can't stop staring at me.....it's just me " Micah your little boy"
Day 22- I am kinda getting cranky and stuff from being in here so long, all the drugs are wearing off and I just want to go home with Mommy and Daddy
Day 23- I keep spitting up. You know all baby's spit up... I think they are feeding me too much.. I can't tell them when I am full and I get so frustrated because I just don't want so much milk.. My tummy is so little it can't hold that much.. Silly doctors...
Day 24- I miss my therapist she's teaching me really good stuff and she doesn't come on the weekend.
Day 25- Today I was so excited because my therapist was supposed to come, then some strange lady shows up.. I am like "who are you and what did you do with my scushy therapist? She tried to help me but I just wasn't comfortable.
Day 26- Today is my mommy's birthday and I wish I was home with her.. My therapist came today and I drank 10 cc's of milk from the bottle I was so excited. She is warm and scushy and she loves to help me with stuff!
September 26 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!! Your little boy Micah Lee Loves you xoxo
Day 27 - I got my feeding tube put in today, this is so they can make sure I am getting enough food when I go home. Mommy and Daddy and the Grandmas are going to take CPR class I think they are getting ready for me to come home soon Yippee!!
Day 28- I have a little fever today so the doctors are giving me medicine.
Day 29- I'm still taking my medicine and am getting better, my mom and dad are kinda sick too!
Day 30- The doctors are going to let me go home soon. They are ordering stuff for my mom and dad to take home to take care of me. I am excited about all of this. I can be with mommy and daddy always.
Day 31 - I am a month old today and my grandma's and grandpa's and my beautiful Aunt Laura came to visit me but I was sleeping. My silly Grandma Cary tried to wake me up, but mom said no.
Day 35- I went home tonight and cried all night long. My mom and dad think I am cute, so does everyone else.. I like to cry It makes me feel good.. gotta show everyone who's boss.. I have a little dog name Bowie he doesn't understand me, when I cry he barks and then we are both crying and barking. I only went home with the feeding pump nothing else..
Day 36- Everyone in the house is tired but me.. I'm trying to nurse on my momma but I just can't quite figure out how to do it. But I am going to keep trying because she loves me so much.
Day38- Grandma Cary made me drink from the bottle like my therapist and I decided I like it. I'm in a bad mood and stuff from being at the hospital but I like it at home. I have a new bed and new room it is so cozy. My dog Bowie loves me and he is kinda cute always trying to protect me and stuff.
Day 44- Mom and Grandma Cary decided I don't need to eat from my tube anymore because I like it better when I suck on my bottle. All day today I ate like a big boy. Mom's tired so Grandma Cary stayed home and helped today. I eat 50 cc's or more by myself every 2 to 3 hours. It makes me burp and stuff.
Day 45- Grandma Cary babysat me today while my dad took my mom to get her hair cut. My mom is so pretty I love her so much. I went for a ride in Grandma's car and she took me to lunch with Aunt Laura and Uncle Kory. I heard them say I was a such a good boy today. I am just Micah! I am so strong and I have to put up a fight all the time, it is what has kept me alive and I refuse to stop fighting... I am alive and I am loving it. It just feels good to feel the wind in my hair and fresh air in my lungs. When I got back home my grandpa Dave held me so tight,
Day 45- My mom is trying so hard to nurse me... I want too, but I just haven't figured it out yet.. I love my bottle though. Other than my feeding tube I am just a regular little baby. I do all kinds of fun stuff, like roll from my tummy to my back real fast in my cozy bed. I have this fun vibrating chair that makes sounds when I touch just the right spot. My Grandma Cary says I am very strong. She is just so silly always kissing on me. I like it I have never felt so loved as I do now that I am at home..
Day 57- WOW... My life just keeps getting better and better.. I am going with Mom and Dad to the Brain Institute in Philadelphia the first week in December 2006 so they can learn stuff to help me just in case I may need it in the future...

Day 84- I went to go meet my Great Uncle Danny and his family and I got to dress up in big boy clothes. Here is a picture with my Mom, cousin Kathryn and Aunt Melanie. I was so tired. I love my pacifier.. I've kinda been spitting up alot, I am not sure why but I just think my tummy is so full all the time. The doctors say I need to keep gaining weight.. I am trying I say, but it makes my tummy so full.
Day 88- Today I went to the doctor and I weigh 9.61 lbs. and am 21.5 inches long. Yahh I am growing up a little...

6 comments:

  1. Today Micah is being admitted to Choc. He is having what they think may be seizures. The only way to know is for him to be admitted and for them to see his brain activity. Please continue to prayer for this little Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Merry Christmas to your family and we hope little Micah is doing well. We have him in our prayers. Susan Trask, Amber McCollum, Joshua and Heather Knight. We are your second and third cousins. (Arnett side) Let us know the latest. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah was only at hospital overnight. He came home with meds for seizures. They could only tell us that there was seizure like activity going on. He is home now doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Micah is 11.5 lbs today. He has a little cold but doing well!

    Once he gets over the cold Stephanie is going to start his therapies. Creeping down his little slide that Grandpa Dave has made him. Steph has made black and white checker board posters for his visual therapies. Grandpa Gary Rock has hung lights for visual stimulation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeahhh! Micah has been making noise.. We were skeptical of what this might be because it wasn't often.. but guess what? he is cooing! Steph called me today while at work and said Mom he is talking.. I said I thought he was but wasn't sure. She said he's doing it all the time now. So cute. Micah's room is plastered with therapy tools and schedules for what we call "stimulations" All is well and only time will tell. Such a precious little Miracle baby God is Good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:43 AM

    Hi,

    I came across your blog looking for information on hyperbalic treatments. My son Liam was born on march 25th, 2007 with brain damage issues. I would love to call/email you since our sons are close in age and seem to have similar issues.

    Elizabeth

    topgun34er@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete